Monday, March 31, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 1

Well today started off a lot worse than I would have truly wanted it to. But that's life. The wind was blowing so hard that I couldn't sleep. Our eldest woke up at 2am and stayed awake until 6am. Because we knew that if we woke her up to catch the bus at 7 she would have given her teachers a difficult time, we let her sleep in and I took her to school before boot camp. And I ended up being almost 30 min late to boot camp. Boo.

Anyways... Here is how Day 1 went:

8am: Made my spark and weighed myself before jumping in the shower. I did not measure myself since my boot camp instructor does it for us at the start and end of each session. I suggest you do as measurements are an excellent way to see weight loss! (I'm not a fan of the scale!) And take front, back, and side photos too!






 9am: Fiber drink mixed with 4oz of TROP 50 and 2oz of water. Took my catalyst too.


























Pulled breakfast out and dumped it onto my plate, put kids in the car, headed to drop Evie off at school and get to my boot camp.



















Breakfast Breakdown - 326 calories
One hard boiled egg (whole) - 72 calories
2 Hardboiled egg whites- 34 calories
1 cup mixed berries (straw, blue, rasp)- 80 calories
Fiber drink and OJ- 95 calories
Spark- 45 calories


9:50-10:30: 40 Min of BOOTCAMP!! Lots of running... Sprinting actually today. Not a fan but I know it's good for me so I sucked it up. Still felt like I was going to cough up blood afterwards. Oh how I wish I liked running! My little boot camp buddy makes it so much more enjoyable though! Finished 25oz of water before getting back home from boot camp!

























Noon: Sat down long enough to eat lunch. I try not to sit down for too long during the day. It's a trap. That's a hard thing to avoid as a stay home mom. I don't turn the TV on either. That's another trap. Instead I sit down for 15-20 to eat and then get moving. Following lunch I prepped and started dehydrating homemade fruit roll ups, washed a load of laundry and folded two loads, prepped and made dinner to including flash freezing a portion. Finished up my second 25oz of water!



















Lunch Breakdown - 477 calories
2 pieces of Natures Own Whole Wheat Sugar Free bread - 100 calories
6oz of my homemade chicken salad- 207 calories (Recipe: http://tiny.cc/qm4ldx)
28 Roasted Salted almonds - 170 calories

























4:00pm: Ate my snack: banana (105 calories)

5:00pm: Went on a brisk walk with the family! 1.25 miles at 3.0mph!

6:00pm: Ate dinner. Drank my last 25oz of required water - and I'm still going!



















Dinner Breakdown - 434 Calories
2 Servings of Daddy's Meatloaf - 348 calories (Recipe: http://tiny.cc/2k4ldx)
1 Cup of boiled Green beans with dash of Balsamic Vinegar - 47 calories
1 Serving of Cauliflower Mash - 39 Calories (Recipe: http://tiny.cc/pl4ldx)

7:30pm: Played outside with the kids! Motion is motion!






























8:30pm: Took my herbal cleanse and my omegaplex.



















TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE ON DAY 1: 1,341 Calories

My personal goal based on MyFitnessPal is 1,420 so I am a little under for the day. If I get hungry later on I will grab an apple or some fruit, but I'm fairly well adjusted to this amount so I'm feeling fine as of right now. You always need to base your diet on how many calories your body needs. My husband eats the same amount of calories for meals that I do but he usually adds in an extra snack or a protein bar to meet his goal.

























One of the reasons I love MyFitnessPal is that it gives you this awesome pie chart of your nutrition for the day. My personal goal is to be at 40% protein, 30% fat, and 30% carb but that is pretty difficult for me. Today was actually a great day hitting almost 30% for protein!
 






















Closing of Day 1....

I feel great! It took no time for me to get back to my energetic new way of life after indulging over the weekend and turning a bit grumpy because of it. My husband walked in from work, looked at me and said "Glad to have you back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment