Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 2

I usually luck out at least one week day and Matt let's me sleep in until Stone gets up by taking care of getting Evie up and on the bus... And today was that day. Evelyn doesn't sleep so we don't usually get to bed until late and one of us is always up early. Always a good day when I get an extra hour!

So this is how Day 2 went following my glorious morning of sleeping in:

9am: Told myself I wouldn't weigh until day 10 but I was feeling less bloated from the weekend so I did. Down 2lbs worth of a bad weekend. It's amazing how quickly your body can change just by one day of doing it right. Had mySpark! I had the lemonade flavor this morning and it was yummy! Tasted like country time!

9:30: Took my Catalyst and drank my fiber/OJ mix. Made breakfast and got ready for the day!


Breakfast Breakdown: 400 calories
Spark (Lemonade) - 45 calories
Fiber/OJ- 95
Medium Banana- 105
Whole wheat (sugar free) toast with 1tbsp of creamy peanut butter- 155 calories


10:30am: Stone and I headed to the grocery store to get groceries for the week and to the fabric store for supplies to make our shirts for the Color Run 5K which is on Saturday... Yes the girl who hates running will be running on Saturday. Finished my first 25 oz of water before getting home.



12:30am: Ate lunch. I'm big on repeating lunches because a) saves money b) makes it easy. So I made enough of my chicken salad to have it again. 



Lunch Breakdown: 358 calories
My crunchy chicken salad (6oz) on a piece of sugar free whole wheat bread (open faced) - 257 (Recipe: http://tiny.cc/qm4ldx)
Cup of iceberg lettuce, 1/2 slicer tomato, and two tablespoons of my favorite dressing - 101 calories


(This dressing is 80 calls per two tablespoons and is found in the produce section. If you are local and have eaten at Kabuki it taste like their Ginger dressing! I always make my salad and chill it in the freezer for a few minutes to make it crispy!)

2:30pm: Met my friend Kelly and her little girl for a walk on the greenway with the kids. We walked for about an hour and a half at a 3.0mph. 

4:40pm: Momma called, wanted to walk. It's beautiful out and I will not pass up a chance to walk! We walked for about 30 minutes at 3.0mph. (Finished second round of 25oz of water)

6:30pm: Ate dinner with the family! One of Matts favorites!


Dinner Breakdown: 473 calories
6 oz of New York Strip (sprayed with a light amount of olive oil and seasoned with season salt, natures seasoning, and garlic salt) - 322
Roasted broccoli - 60 calories (recipe to come!)
Squash - 91 calories (recipe to come!)

7:30pm: Walked with the family up to the convenience store to buy kids a Popsicle. They had fruit Popsicles that seem safe for Stone so we let him try it. He wasn't really a fan... I think it was the cold. 




8:30pm: Took my omegaplex and herbal cleanse. Ate my snack and finished my last 25oz of water! Onto another!



Snack Breakdown - 145 calories
Granny Smith Apple - 100 calories
PB2 Chocolate - 45 calories



PB2 and PB2 chocolate is awesome! It's powdered peanut butter you mix with water. Low calorie and high protien. I love the chocolate on fruit. Wasn't sure if I would like it at first but now it's one of my favorite snacks! You can find it in the peanut butter aisle or health food section.



TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE FOR THE DAY: 1,375 Calories

Again, I could have more since I probably burned between 300-400 calories walking and I still have 45 left over for my goal. But I feel full and content. And my nutrition pie chart isn't bad at all. Would like to see my protien increased a bit but it's fine.


In closing...
I still feel great! My bloat from the weekend is gone and I'm feeling much better than I did on Sunday. It's hard when the weather is warm like this to resist ice cream with the kids or a beer with dinner but once you learn to say no and just get through the urge, you are glad you did! 





So excited to see that a few more people have ordered their challenges and will be starting their journey along side of us. I hope that my experiences allow others to feel comfortable asking questions and posting results to our page... And most importantly, feeling comfortable in their own skin.

Off to get ready for tomorrow and get to bed! Nite everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Did u get the 24 day challenge guidelines with the check off sheet for each day? Not sure if that would be easier than writing down on note cards every day. Let me know if you don't have it! :)

    ReplyDelete