Friday, April 11, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 10

Trying to think back on Wednesday! It was a hectic day as I waited until the last minute to pack for our trip! It was also my last day on the cleanse!

Here is how day 10 went:

Woke up and drank my last fiber, yay! I made my spark and took my catalyst and probiotics. I decided since my breakfasts will be replacement shakes for the next 2 weeks I would make a nice breakfast for Matt and I.



Breakfast Breakdown:
One whole egg, one egg white, almond milk, green peppers, onions, spinich and tomatoes scrambled: 
2 pieces of bacon:
Fruit:

After breakfast I headed up to bootcamp and our teacher kicked our butts! Ended up running about 2 miles along with crazy leg workouts. Ouch! I say ouch but it totally felt good afterwards!

After bootcamp I ran to the store with Stone to pick up food for the trip. Going out of town on the challenge has made me nervous because of eating out for 4 days (5 if you include eating out on day 10!) so I decided we were going to pack all lunches and snacks. Kids eat breakfast at hotel and we have our shakes. I'm sure we are saving money and controlling our calories a bit better.



Came home and furiously packed. We had plans to eat out so I rushed and in the process, did not eat a thing. Matt came home and at that point I realized how late it was. Breakfast sustained me well (protein heavy) but I hate that I missed lunch. Just as well since dinner was a bit of a bust.

Matt and I got ready and headed out. We went to a restaurant we had not been before so I was a bit worried about what was on the menu. 

We both settled on steak with mixed veggies and spinich. I did my best to add it up and I'm estimating about 800 calories. Didn't stop to take a picture before but this is what was left. I inhaled it!



Now here is where it all went wrong...



I had two of these and 1/2 an espresso martini. I'm justifying this as the above drink- my favorite- has an egg white in it. Protein, right? But not a good way to end the cleanse. Along with some cheese and bread. And dessert. Sigh. 



But it happens. It really does. I'm impressed with anyone who goes al 24 days without any cheating. While I would love to say I'm one of those people- Matt and I had an opportunity to spend the night away from the kids- and frettingn about calories certainly makes a night out awkward and miserable. 



TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE FOR THE DAY: ???? I'm guessing close to 2,000 and if that was the case with the intense bootcamp I probably didn't actually go over. 

I try not to do this very often as it makes me feel as if I wasted the hard work at bootcamp.

Day 10 is done and while I didn't do as well on my last day as I wished I had done, Matt and I had a great time and in the end, one night out will not "blow it." There usually has to be some "cheating" to keep you same, especially if you are just starting out. Matt and I went from cheating once a week to once every 2-3 weeks. (Cheating meaning you don't pull out MyFitnessPal to make a decision- even though I still did that!)

Not allowing an indulgence every once in awhile will make you miserable. It makes me feel human to have a drink or dessert.  Once my challenge is over we will have a cheat meal once a week (alternating who gets to pick) for the sake of eating with our kids or having a night out. (Still keeping healthy choices in mind!) 

So the Advocare 24 Day Challenge Cleanse is in the books and results are in! 3lbs down and much more toned! :) (Pics taken morning of day 11) I will have measurement results next week. I love the cleanse! I feel so much better and have so much energy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment