Saturday, April 12, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 12 & 13

I'm going to go ahead and combine day 12 & 13 since they were both centered on being out of town sticking to a healthy lifestyle. Also because of preplanned meals and eating out I'll keep it short and sweet.

Day 12

Day 12 was pretty easy. Took all of my vitamins I took on day 11. Stayed well hydrated as it was very warm out and we did a lot of walking. I had the kids to myself in the AM at Dollywood so I did a lot of walking with the big heavy double stroller. Certainly a workout! Wish I would have set my phone to record how far we walked between yesterday and today! For those who haven't been to Dollywood- it has some killer hills!



Breakfast was easy. Meal replacement shake and a spark! I skipped the AM snack since by the time we were settled in the park it was lunch time. I packed my lunch and the kids lunch and I packed an extremely light lunch so that I had enough calories to cover eating out for dinner. I also skipped an afternoon snack even though I packed on because we were on the go and having so much fun!

We drove into Gatlinburg for dinner at Mellow mushroom and so we could walk around some and listen to music. It was hard to not go for pizza! I instead picked a Greek salad with chicken and it was awesome! Felt good on my stomach and was very satisfying! I also dip my fork in the dressing instead of pouring the dressing over to keep me from eating more dressing than I need!



After dinner Evie wanted icecream. I still had a few hundred calories remaining so I got a kids size scoop of some fat free sugar free ice cream and it hit the spot. Tried Evies and it was WAY to sweet for me!

Here is my breakdown:

Breakfast: Meal Replacement Shake and Spark - 265 calories

Lunch: 1/2 Roast Beef sandwich and a cup of fruit salad - 310 calories



Dinner: Mellow mushroom Greek salad with chicken and dressing - 620



Snack: Kids scoop of ice cream- 120 calories



TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE: 1,315 Calories

Pretty close to goal! :) Felt good about this day!

-----------------------

DAY 13

Today I kept everything under control and after lunch decided I would relax a little and enjoy the last night of vacation food wise! We planned to eat at one of my favorite spots in the park so I wanted to eat care free. My attempts at letting go were horrible... In a good way. I still pretty much behaved.


Again, I took my vitamins as required and took in plenty of water. I drank a meal replacement shake and spark in the AM. And for those who don't know- spark fits nicely in a normal bottle of water for on the go ease!



Again- no snacks since there really wasn't time. We ate our packed lunches and I had a 1/2 turkey sandwich and some raw veggies. Very light and low cal.

And then I stopped counting. But then again, this is a LIFESTYLE.... You don't just stop living it. Matt bought some popcorn and I took 2-3 bites- just a taste. We got a loaf of my favorite treat there- Cinnamon bread. I ate 3 small bites. Probably not even a 1/4. 


For dinner we ate at the chicken buffet. I had green beans, corn on cob (just a tiny drop of butter), mashed potatoa with a little gravy, stewed apples, and instead of the fried chicken I chose the rotisserie white meat! (What is wrong with me?!) I drank water and skipped dessert. And no bread either. I did go back again for more veggies!



After dinner Matt bought Evie some cotton candy for being good and I took a couple small bites but it just didn't taste good anymore! 

So my efforts to cheat, not so good. But that's great! I'm glad I can make good decisions without going to my phone to look for what I can have. 

Breakfast: Shake and Spark - 265 calories

Lunch: 1/2 sandwich and raw veggies, and 1/2 a banana - 350 calories

Dinner: Rotisserie chicken breast, green beans, mashed potatos and gravy, corn, stewed apples- I'm guessing around 700 calories



Snack: Bite of cotton candy, popcorn, and cinnamon bread - ??? Calories

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE: Unknown! But that's okay because I shared the experience with my kid and made good choices! :)

So vacation is tough when the foods you love are staring at you! But I made it and we still had a ton of fun!! We have one more day untit goes back to normal. I still feel good! Love that vacation no longer runs me down! 




No comments:

Post a Comment