Sunday, April 6, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 5, 6, & 7

I've decided to blog my weekend posts (Friday-Sunday) as one post in order to be able to spend more time with my family. The weekend posts may be a bit less detailed since it will include 3 days of information.

Weekends are always hardest for me when I'm watching what I eat (which is always now) mainly because we are out an about running errands or taking the kids somewhere and there are always get togethers, birthdays, other special events... This weekend alone we had two birthday parties and my husband was baptized this morning at church so we ate out for lunch for that occasion.

So here is how my weekend (Day 5, 6, and 7) went:

DAY 5

Woke up and drank my Spark and took my catalyst and my probiotics. Grabbed a banana on the way out of the door to boot camp because I was running late. Bananas are my go to when I don't have a lot of time. They really seem to get me through a short time when I can't seem to get a meal together.

Boot camp was awesome as usual. I was a bit sore from all the walking I had done last week but I pushed through it and it felt awesome.

Came home and made a very delicious breakfast. I have been craving breakfast food you don't normally associate with healthy - you know, the stuff your mom used to make you on Saturday morning! So I made a healthy version of French Toast and it was AH-MAZ-ING! It has a few ingredients (Ezekial Bread and Flaxseed) that aren't really things you think about buying but do it! SO worth it. I'm making it for the family tomorrow before they leave for work and school. Finished my first 25 oz of water.



Breakfast: 420 Calories
Spark - 45 calories
Banana - 110 calories
French toast with Berries - 265 (Recipe on my blog!)

For lunch I had the same sandwich (Turkey) I've been having mainly because I just need to eat it up before it goes bad.

Lunch: 420 calories
Turkey sandwich with Munster cheese on whole wheat sugar free bread: 320 calories
Red peppers with roasted red pepper hummus: 100 calories

We had some left over steak from the start of the week so for dinner I made fajitas. I will post my fajita recipe soon when I make it with meat that I usually do (I usually use flank steak) and can accurately add up the calories. Finished my 2nd 25 oz of water.



Dinner: 555 Calories
Steak Fajitas with veggies - 470 calories
1/2 Cup brown rice - 85 Calories

Later that night I did have a cup of strawberries on a caramel corn rice cake and a bit of whip cream which was about 100-120 calories.

Finished up my last 25 oz of water taking my herbal cleanse and my omegaplex.

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE: 1,515 CALORIES

My daily goal is 1,420 so I was over a bit which isn't a big deal considering I had bootcamp in the morning.

Not a bad day at all!

-----------------------------------------------------------

DAY 6

Saturday morning we had the color run so we were up fairly early trying to get everyone ready. We originally had not planned to bring the kids but we ended up with them which I'm actually really glad we did! They had a lot of fun!



In the morning I made a spark and a meal replacement shake because I didn't have time to fix breakfast and I wanted something I could eat in the car. Took my probiotic and catalyst.



Breakfast: 265 Calories
Advocare Meal Replacement Shake - 220 Calories
Spark - 45 Calories



Made it to the color run and I actually ran the whole race. I wasn't sure I could do it. It's been a really long time since I've run that far and I did it, pushing both kids. I'm glad I did because now I know I can.

 
 


As much as I hate running - running the color run has inspired me to make an effort to run instead of walk once a week. Couldn't hurt. I may actually learn to enjoy it... or not. :)


 


Matt and the kids ate at chick-fila on the way home (Matt later on said he did not enjoy it as much as he thought he would!) I withheld and when I got home I fixed myself a healthy lunch that made me feel awesome. The steamed edemame is a great source of protein! Finished first 25oz of water.



Lunch: 540 Calories
Turkey Sandwich with munster cheese on sugar free whole wheat: 320 Calories
Steamed edemame: 110 Calories



That evening we had plans to go to a friends house for a get together. Get together are hard for me because I watch everyone else eating for pleasure and I have to do my best to make good choices so I don't regret it later. We were asked to pick up the pizzas for the party so when we did we stopped by Dominos and ordered one of their gluten free crusts to avoid the white flour that hurts my stomach now. We ordered the chicken spinach feta. It was awesome... did not taste any different than a normal crust pizza! At the party they had salad and I brought my own dressing, fruit salad, and chips, dip and cake. (SO HARD!!!) I did have a few chips lightly dipped in dip and I had a sliver of cake since I've heard wonderful things about the woman who makes these cakes. It wasn't much - not enough to make me feel gross. I told myself I wasn't going to cheat at all on the cleanse, however, socially sometimes you have to. The need to feel normal. Thank goodness all of my friends are health conscious and understand why I'm eating the way I do. Drank 2nd and 3rd round of 25oz of water at party. Took my omegaplex and herbal cleanse when I got home.



Dinner: 618 Calories
1/2 of a 10" Gluten Free Chicken Feta Spinach Pizza: 435 Calories
Spinach Salad with Ginger Dressing: 73 Calories
1 Cup of fruit salad: 110 Calories

Snacks at the party:
Chips and dip: 270 calories
Cake: 115 Calories

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE: 1,800 CALORIES

Even though this was high, it will still within what I would be allowed to eat. I have a 1,420 calorie goal but I also ran 3 miles which would burn about 300 calories. 1,420 plus 300 burned is 1,720. So I was about 80 over my total goal. But you also have to remember my goal is 1,420 to lose. Infact, I would still lose, just slowly, on how I ate today! Remember this when you are beating yourself by eating over your goal a bit.

-------------------------------------------

DAY 7

Today was also challenging because we had plans to eat out and had a birthday party to attend. I also did used today as a rest day (first one in 7 days!)

This morning I took my probiotic and my catalyst and once again chose a protein shake for time sakes. Matt was baptized today at church (HOORAY!) and we had to be there earlier than normal. I skipped the spark this morning.




Breakfast:
Advocare Meal Replacement Shake: 220 Calories

After church we headed over to Abuelos with my parents which is my favorite Mexican restaurant. I skipped the chips and had a hard time choosing off the menu as they don't list their nutritional information online. I'm not usually one to go for soup, however I found a calorie listed for the soup and figured I would make up the calories at dinner. Finished first 25 oz of water.

Lunch:
Bowl of tortilla soup: 250 Calories

Following lunch we had to immediately head to a birthday party for Evie's school friend. LOTS of great looking food! Pizza, homemade snacks, cupcakes, chips! Before "this life" I would have loaded up a plate and not thought twice. I didn't completely deprive myself. I had some fruit and if there was something I wanted to try, I allowed it - but only one piece of that thing. Finished 2nd 25oz of water.

Snacks:
Various - I estimated that I probably ate 300 Calories.

Dinner time was easy. We made quesadillas.



Dinner:
Chicken quesadilla on whole wheat with veggies and low fat cheese - 346 Calories
1 tbsp light sour cream - 20 Calories

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE: 1,136 CALORIES... however I do plan on having a light snack (probably fruit) before bed so it will probably be closer to 1,350. And I will be taking my omegaplex and herbal cleanse with my last 25oz of water.

SO while I didn't stick to the cleanse 100% I still feel really good here at the end of the weekend. I've enjoyed spending time with my friends and family as well as sticking to my diet for most of the time. Seeing as though before I would have just eaten whatever I wanted, this is still MUCH better than how I ate before.

I know this post was much less detailed but spending time with the kids this weekend has been so great! Thank you for understanding!

This week will be super interesting as we have plans to go out of town on Thursday... so we will see how that will work out with eating well!



No comments:

Post a Comment