Monday, April 7, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 8

Today was excellent! Felt good, got a lot done, and stuck to the eating plan! I woke up feeling a bit swollen and my head was pounding from allergies and rain. I pushed through that this morning even though I was tempted to sleep and so glad I did!

Here is how Day 8 went:

Woke up this morning and took a shower. Woke the boy up and sent him with our nieghbor for a few hours. Took my Catalyst and Probiotics. 



Day 8 means 3 more days of Fiber so I took that with just water to save the calories. (Normally I mix with OJ) It wasn't bad at all. Fixed a yummy breakfast. I was craving toast so I threw a piece of Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin bread into the toasts and put a tablespoon of Almond butter on it. Also had some strawberries. I wasn't sure how the toast would taste but the combo of the cinnamon, sweet raisins and the nuttiness of the almond butter was amazing. For those who haven't tried Almond Butter- do it! Fixed my spark and headed out.


Breakfast Breakdown: 313 Calories
Ezekial Cinnamon Raisin bread with Almond butter: 175 Calories
1/2 cup strawberries: 23 calories
Fiber: 70 calories
Spark: 45 Calories

Bootcamp was tough today! A very intense 30 min WOD. Came away feeling like I should have pushed it harder but during it I felt like I couldn't go any harder. It was pretty much a compilation of the exercises I find to be the hardest. Finished first 25oz of water.

My arms for sure recieved a workout today. I love seeing the transformation and seeing the definition of my muscles. I think the catalyst is actually helping with it!


Lunch was something new today. I ran to the store on the way home and picked up some pita and a rotisserie chicken. No "sides" for lunch but I was satisfied and filled all the requirements for lunch so I felt fine about it. I wasn't hungry after but you could always throw in some red pepper stripes for some crunch on the side.



Lunch Breakdown: 363 Calories
Pita bread with rotisserie chicken, lettuce, tomato, avacado, a sprinkle of feta, and fat free raspberry vinegarette: 363 Calories

It was nasty and rainy today and bootcamp was tough today so I took the opportunity to do some laundry and watch a movie while the kids napped. Finished 2nd 25oz of water.

Dinner was a recipe I had tried before I started this challenge (Avacado Tacos- recipe on the blog) but I tried a leaner ground Turkey and liked it just as well. We used 93/7 so I adjusted the calories accordingly. Fixed Evie a quesidilla with cheese and meat as a kid friendly option with this meal.



Dinner Breakdown: 470
Avacado Taco with 93/7 ground turkey, tomatoes, onion, pinch of cheese, lime, avacado: 470

Tonight we watched Batman with the kids and while they had popcorn I made my French toast and fruit  (recipe on site) and split it with Matt. Added a little whip cream to make it more of a dessert. Matt
approved! Finished last 25oz of water.


Dessert Breakdown: 152 Calories
1/2 serving of French toast with mixed berries: 132 calories
Fat free whipped topping: 20 

I took my omegaplex. The herbal cleanse pills are over for the rest of the cleanse. I'm super excited as my cleanse will be over on Wednesday so I'll get to see how I've done.

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE FOR THE DAY: 1,296 CALORIES

A little short but it's fine. We are eating dinner with my husbands boss this week so I'm sure my weekly calories will even up.

Overall today was awesome and I feel great. The cleanse is over in two days and then I'll enter into the max phase which I'm excited about.

Weekends are tough for me but it's nice that it's so easy to get back at it on Monday. No amount of junk eating on the weekend is worth the way I feel when I eat well. My body appreciates it and it let's me know it does. 

I think the greatest thing this way of life has taught me is that I'm a lot stronger than I thought- physically and mentally. My body is strong and feels great and I'm strong enough to withhold from things that aren't good for me. I can go out to eat and make good choices. I can go to a party and eat in moderation. I can get out and move without feeling tired and worn down. I have so much more of myself to offer now.

Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment