Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge: Day 3

Today was BEUTIFUL!!! 80 some degrees. Full sunshine! LOVE!!! Today marks 2 months since I began my life changing journey to become healthier! I posted earlier about taking photos before you start your challenge. Here is why....


 

You really see results. I even look tired and worn down. I was. I had let myself go! Never again.

Here is how I recommend taking photos - full body.. front, back, and both sides. Weigh and measure!


Can't wait to see a difference in 24 days!!

Here is how Day 3 went....

8am: Woke up and drank the Spark my husband brought to me. :)

8:45: After my shower I fixed breakfast and drank my fiber/OJ and took my catalyst. I love oatmeal so once or twice a week I allow myself maple and brown sugar oatmeal for breakfast. Oatmeal is allowed on the challenge and while it would be best to eat plain oatmeal and add some honey to sweeten, I love my instant oatmeal and it hasn't affected my healthy eating so I go ahead and have it. I mix in almond milk which my daughter drinks since regular milk upsets her tummy. I haven't tried drinking almond milk but I love it in my oatmeal!



Breakfast Breakdown: 387 Calories
Spark - 45 Calories
Fiber mixed with Trop 50 OJ - 95 calories
Pack of Maple and Brown Sugar instant oatmeal - 160 calories
3/4 cup Light Almond Milk - 30 calories
2 hardboiled egg whites - 34 calories
1/2 cup of strawberries - 23


9:30am: BOOTCAMP!! We had boot camp outside which was great! Combination of running and strength training. I was actually the last one to finish which stinks - until I remember - I'm still better off than if I had not done it at all! Stone had a great time running around outside playing with kids and watching trucks! Finished my 1st 25 ounces of water.



11:30am: Lunch... I opted out of a bread during lunch since I planned rice for dinner. I took lunch meat and wrapped a slice of cheese in it. Dipped it in my hummus although it would have been great dipped in mustard too. It was a very filling lunch!



Lunch Breakdown: 398 Calories
4oz of Boars Head Honey Maple Turkey - 140 calories
1 slice of Private Select Munster Cheese - 80 calories
1/2 sliced red pepper - 23 calories
2tbsp Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus - 70 calories
14 roasted salted almonds- 85 calories

12noon: Ran errands. Finished second 25oz of water.

5:30pm: Dinner. We tried a new dish and it was excellent. It's a combination of typical Mediterranean seasonings on chicken skewers. Yum! We also had some brown rice. Kids ate it! Love that warm weather means we get to fire up the grill!



Dinner Breakdown: 516 Calories
Mediterranean Chicken Skewers with Veggies and Feta -  431 calories (Recipe: http://tinyurl.com/mo2p6fu)
1/2 Cup brown rice - 85 calories



6:30pm: Played outside with the kids. Can't keep them in on a day like this!




These kids love to swing!



Charlie loves running around the yard with the family! He's an awesome dog!



I cleaned up some grapes for the kids to eat outside and enjoyed 1/2 a cup of grapes as a snack myself (31 calories).



7:30pm: Took my herbal cleanse and my Omegaplex.

Matt and I are getting ready to sit down and watch a movie from Redbox. I'm having another snack during the movie. A banana (105 calories) for when I feel munchy while watching the movie. Matt will have popcorn (100 calorie pack) which is fine - but on the cleanse I try to avoid those types of snacks. I haven't finished my 3rd 25oz of water yet but I will before we even start the movie.

TOTAL CALORIC INTAKE FOR THE DAY: 1,437 CALORIES!

My goal is 1,420 so I'm right on today! Plus I had boot camp which burns several hundred calories.




Again, I'd like to see better protein % with my chart but I'm happy that my protein is as high as it is!



Every day gets better and better and my ability to with hold from cravings does as well. I could totally have a 100 calorie bag of popcorn but I know if I do the salt may bloat me up and make feel sluggish in the AM. So I'm choosing a healthier option instead. And I'm happy I can make that decision and feel good about it!

SO we've decided that those of you who order the 24 Day Challenge from us will be invited to a private Facebook group with others who are taking the challenge around the same time as yourself. This will be a support group where you can post updates, photos, how you feel, ask questions and gain support not only from Matt and I but also others going through it too! If you are interested in starting a 24 Day Challenge visit https://www.advocare.com/140247668/Store/24Wizard/ and order yours today! If you do let us know and we will match you with a group! :)

Until tomorrow! :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment